02）泰國：20％ - 30％
01) China：at least 30%
At present, in most cities in China, the minimum down payment is 30% of the total amount, and the remaining 70% can be borrowed. Generally, people decide to pay a part of the deposit after buying a new house, and then sign a contract to pay down.
The lowest down payment for a RMB one-million-yuan house is RMB 300,000. Generally, the down payment can be offset by the deposit. After signing the contract, the buyer can go to the bank to sign a loan agreement. When the house is delivered, the developer will also collect a part of the deed tax and maintenance fund, and the actual area of the house in hand may only be 80-85%.
02) Thailand: 20% - 30%
Thailand's real estate market in recent years has been quite mature with a rapid development. In addition to futures, the market will also see a part of sales of existing housing.
The average price in Bangkok is between RMB 28,000 and RMB 30,000. So the total price of RMB 1 million can buy a one-bedroom or studio apartment in a good location. In some emerging commercial areas or along the subway planning routes, the real estate price may be lower, and the total price of RMB 1 million can buy larger apartments.
It must also be mentioned that many countries, led by Thailand and the Philippines, have no shared areas in the real estate market. That is to say, if you buy 40-square-meter apartments, you will get 40-square-meter apartments.
If the purchase is a futures house, then the down payment is about 20-30%. That is to say, for a RMB 1 million house, you need to prepare for a down payment of RMB 200,000 to RMB 300,000, and the rest of the total payment shall be paid before house delivery in 2 to 3 years. For investment-period housing projects, the pressure of funds has been reduced a lot, and many investors will also use leverage and capital appreciation to earn income.
And if you buy a house in cash, the down payment ratio is roughly unchanged, and the rest of the total payment is usually paid in 6 to 12 months, depending on the project and the developer.
03) Philippines: down to 10%
As a hot spot for real estate investment, the Philippines has to mention its payment method besides its steady value-added capital and good performance of rent income in successive years.
One of the greatest advantages of Philippine real estate is its low down payment. The down payment ratio is about 10-20%. Many prospective housing projects can even pay the down payment by installments monthly.
Manila, the capital of the Philippines, currently has an average property price of about RMB 25,000 to RMB 27,000 per square meter. With about RMB 1 million, you can buy a small apartment in Makati or Taguig. Some emerging business areas can even allow you to buy more than two apartments.
Take Albang, the newly developed commercial area where large enterprises are gathered, as an example. Anuva, being sold on Uoolu’s platform, is just located in the Albang area. The total price is only RMB 410,000. It needs to pay 10% down payment first, then 10% in installments in 42 months (depending on actual conditions). The remaining 80% will be paid when the house is delivered in 2022.
That is to say, it only needs 10% down payment in the early stage, i.e. more than RMB 40,000, and then more than RMB 800 per month later. It can be said that there is no pressure on capital turnover, but even more real estate investment can be made with your idle funds. No wonder the Philippine market is so popular.
04) Japan: 10% down payment for second-hand housing but no support for loans
Compared with Thailand and the Philippines, Japan's real estate market is very different. It has entered the era of second-hand housing as a whole, and it is different from the low down-payment mode in Southeast Asia.
Take Uoolu’s villa Series in Japan as an example, the total price is about RMB 1.23 million to RMB 2.26 million, the down payment is 10%, that is, RMB 120,000 to RMB 220,000. The rest of the housing price needs to be paid in one month or after decoration (in 3 to 6 months).